Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Snowy Wedding Dress








The other day I searched all over till I found my wedding dress. I wanted to take some pictures.

Today we are in the midst of a fabulous winter storm. Lots of snow and ice.

So I headed outside to take pictures. Of my dress. In the snow.

I am sure the neighbors thought I was insane (see my everything daisy blog for that whole run down).

I had lots of problems even seeing the dress when I was outside. And then there was the whole issue of footprints in the snow to detract. I needed to put the dress on some strings to drag it around and position it but I wasn't about to go to all that trouble when it is 19* out.

What I found out after downloading them from the camera was that the ones that contained other things, like a bush or tree, in them looked better because they provided some contrast in the pictures.

Some of the more closeup ones of the dress detail turned out nice against the fence and the metal arbor. I need to remember that contrast is important.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow, I just love the wedding dress images. Sort of disturbing, yet I don't know why. Love them. Lol. Anyway, I just wanted to let you know I've used one of your images on my blog tonight. It goes live soon. Thanks for making the photo available. ;-)

Anonymous said...

Nice shots.!! I love snowy wedding dress.

Diver Daisy said...

Dorothea and Heather- thanks! and thanks for the post :)

Heather - Thanks for letting me know you used a pic. I love seeing how others use them and am always glad to help!